— what information Viuly collects and why;
— how Viuly uses collected information;
— the choices how to access and update information.
1.4. You can adjust some privacy settings by means of corresponding services of your Viuly account. Viuly does not violate the access level and privacy settings which you use in your Viuly account.
2. Information Viuly collects
2.1. Viuly collects information which helps to improve the Service, starting from language settings to more complex functions.
2.2. Viuly collects information in the following ways:
2.2.1. Information given by users.
In order to use some of the Service functions you are required to sign up for Viuly account. When you do, Viuly asks for your name and email address. You can also specify additional information, including the country and residential address, gender and age (in some cases such information is compulsory). In addition, you can upload the image, including your photo, if desired, to make your Viuly account more recognizable. The data given by you this way is stored in your Viuly account.
Information Viuly gets from your use of the Service.
This information includes:
- Device information 1
Viuly collects device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers2, and mobile network information including phone number). Viuly may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Viuly account.
- Log information
When you use the Service or view its content, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs 3. This includes:
— details of how you used the Service, such as your search queries;
— Internet Protocol address 4
— device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type and language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
— cookies 5, that uniquely identify your browser or Viuly account.
- Location information
Viuly collects and processes information about your actual location. It also uses various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that provide information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers.
В Certain Viuly software applications (hereafter referred to as “applications”) include a unique application number. This number and information about application (for example, the operating system type and version number) may be sent to Viuly when you install or uninstall that application or during periodic automatic contacts with its servers (such as for automatic updates etc).
- Local storage.
Viuly collects and stores information (including personal information) locally on your device using such mechanisms as browser web storage (including HTML5)6 and application data caches 7.
- Cookies and similar technologies.
Viuly uses various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Viuly Service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies. We also use these technologies to collect and store information about your use of the Service, which we offer to our partners, usually for advertising services.
2.3. Viuly does not realize collection, storage and other processing of specific categories of personal data, such as racial, religious or national identity, sexual orientation and state of health, as well as biometric personal data. An exception to this rule are cases when you made such data about yourself publicly available, for example, having placed your own photo in the profile of your Viuly account to make it more recognizable or having placed the Content on the Service, containing such specific information about yourself.
3. How Viuly uses collected information
3.1. Viuly uses the information it collects to provide, maintain, protect and improve its Services, to develop new ones, and to protect Viuly and its users. Apart from that, this information is used to offer you tailored Content and give you more relevant search results and advertisements.
3.2. Viuly processes your personal data using only automation facilities (manual processing of Viuly personal data is not carried out).
3.3. Publicly visible Viuly account information (name and photo), and actions you take on the Service may be used for commercial purposes, including displaying in advertisements.
3.4.Viuly may use collected data for carrying out market and other researches in its own interests and for the benefit of the third parties.
3.5. When you contact Viuly, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
3.6. Viuly may use your email address to inform you about its services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
3.7. Information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, help to improve your user experience and the overall quality of the Service and (or) its constituent parts.
3.8. Viuly may use special systems for automatic analysis of your Content (including emails), to provide you personally relevant features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection etc.
3.10. Viuly servers process personal information of users from many countries around the world. That is why such information may be processed on a server located outside the country where you live.
4. Transparency and choice
Viuly is concerned to be clear about what information it collects, so that every user can make
meaningful choices about how it is used. For these purposes Viuly provides you with the
— review and update your activity controls to decide what types of data, such as videos you have watched or past searches, you would like to be saved in your Viuly account. You can also adjust these controls to manage whether certain activity is stored in a cookie or similar technology on your device when you use the Service while signed-out of your account;
— review and control certain types of information using corresponding functions of Viuly account;
— control who you share information with through your Viuly account.
4.2. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies from Viuly, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that many of Viuly services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, the Service may not remember your language preferences.
5. Information you share
5.1. The Service lets you share Content, including textual content, for example, you can publish your comment to the video recording uploaded on the Service. Remember that when you share the Content on the Service it becomes open to public if no restrictions on access to the Content have been set by Viuly or by you using corresponding functions of the Service (if available). Publicly visible data may be indexable by search engines.
6. Accessing and updating your information
6.1. Whenever you use the Service, you always have access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, the Service lets you update it quickly or to delete it.
6.2. The Service functions in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from the Service, Viuly may not immediately delete residual copies from its active servers and may not remove information from its backup systems.
6.3. Your deleting information does not necessarily mean the end of its use. Viuly will continue to use your personal data in cases, in volume, in the ways and during the period necessary for Viuly’s performance of its obligations to you as well as requirements of the applicable legislation.
7. Information Viuly shares with third parties
7.1. Viuly does not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Viuly unless one of the following circumstances applies.
- With the user’s consent.
iuly may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Viuly if you have given your consent to do so.
- For external processing by third parties on behalf of Viuly.
- For legal reasons.
Viuly will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Viuly if it has a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
— meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or execution of governmental request within its competence;
— enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of its potential violations;
—detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
— protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Viuly, users of the Service or the public as required or permitted by law.
7.2. Viuly may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with its partners, including advertisers. For example, it may be used to analyze results and show trends about the use of the Service.
8. Information security
8.1.Viuly works hard to protect the Service and its
users from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of
it holds. In particular:
— Offers you two-step verification when you access your Viuly account;
— Regularly reviews its information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to Viuly systems;
— Restricts access to personal information to its employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or face penalties if they fail to meet these obligations.
9. Period of personal data use
9.1. Viuly uses your personal data during the entire period of the agreement between you and Viuly, and after termination of such agreement – during the time frame in which Viuly shall store and (or) otherwise process your personal data for execution of its obligations to you or for execution of the applicable legislation requirements, but no less than 30 days. At the same time after termination of the agreement between you and Viuly access to your personal data for other users of the Service will be terminated within three days.
11. Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
11.1. Viuly aims to provide confidentiality of its users’ personal data and their protection against illegal access, alteration, distribution, destruction and other uses.
11.2. In the course of its business activities Viuly aims to respect the rules of the applicable legislation regulating processing of personal data, including the Convention for the protection of individuals with regard to automatic processing of personal data (concluded in Strasbourg 28.01.1981).
11.4. When Viuly receives formal written complaints, it will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. Viuly works with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the use of personal data that it cannot resolve with its users directly.
- A device is a computer that can be used to access the Service. For example, a device could be a desktop personal computer, tablet or smartphone etc.
- A unique device identifier (sometimes called a universally unique ID or UUID) is a string of characters that is incorporated into a device by its manufacturer and can be used to uniquely identify that device (for example an IMEI-number of a mobile phone). Different device identifiers vary in how permanent they are, whether they can be reset by users, and how they can be accessed. A given device may have several different unique device identifiers.
- Like most websites, Viuly servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit the Service. These server logs typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies. Other technologies are used for similar purposes as a cookie on other platforms where cookies are not available or applicable, such as the Advertising ID available on Android mobile devices.
- Browser web storage enables websites to store data in a browser on a device. When used in "local storage" mode, it enables data to be stored across sessions (after the browser has been closed). One technology that facilitates web storage is HTML 5.
- An application data cache is a data repository on a device. It can, for example, enable a web application to run without an internet connection and improve the performance of the application by enabling faster loading of content.
- A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.